Thanks for your support!
The purpose of this kit is to inspire you, your organisation, group or business to connect with older members in your communities to:
- Improve community attitudes towards older Queenslanders and ageing
- Empower older Queenslanders to connect to inclusive events and activities by producing multicultural, intergenerational or lifestyle events/activities for older Queenslanders in their communities
- Create opportunities for older Queenslanders to continue to participate in activities outside of Queensland Seniors Week
- Empower older Queenslanders to live active and healthy lives with improved physical and mental wellbeing
- Enhance opportunities for older Queenslanders to continue to learn through community education, lifelong learning, and digital literacy
Connecting with older Queenslanders can be done outside of Queensland Seniors Week and the more you connect and involve older Queenslanders, the closer we get to creating Age-friendly communities.
Behind the poster
Did you know that the images in the poster are Queenslanders who attended events throughout the state?
Celebrating the theme, showcased are folk from different backgrounds, cultures, and ages. But this has only captured a small portion of the more than 741,000 Queenslanders over the age of 65.
Show your support and get customising!
This year we encourage you to customise your own poster(s) and showcase your community champions.
You could run a photo competition, asking your community members to nominate themselves and share with you what Seniors Week means to them. Consider working with a youth group, Seniors Week is on for all ages.
The beauty is you can customise as many posters as you like!
Show your support on social media
Need an email signature, it’s in there too.
Please note this link will take you to an external website, Dropbox. Do you need a bit of help accessing the files? We have created a useful tip sheet on accessing Dropbox. You do not have to have a Dropbox account to access the files.